Monday, April 30, 2007

Laissez les bons temps rouler!



Sunday morning, feeling very cynical about the unproductive, uninspiring Displace Me event, Kristen and I went downtown. Atfer eating beingets at Cafe du Monde, we walked around aimlessly, taking pictures with statues and playing in a fountain until noon when the city livened up. At lunch, in true Nawlin's fashion, I had a supurb bloody mary and a bowl of gumbo. Cajun food is the best food. Oh, I was a happy kitten!

The coolest thing that happened the whole trip occured while we were waiting to be seated. A couple who was waiting on their food looked over and asked if we were in town for Jazzfest. We told them that we had come for another event and they offered us free tickets and bus passes to get there. We ate our lunch, hopped on a bus, and in fifteen minutes we were sweating like pigs under the hot sun and jamming out with the New Orleans Social Club.

If I had to come up witha slogan for the weekend it would be, "The best adventures are the ones you never see coming."

Addendum: For those who are curious, I have posted more pictures from New Orleans on my photography page.

0 comments: