Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bowled Away

I'm in Asheville with my Wesley. I have seen three waterfalls, created a Mii on a friend's so-very-addictive Wii and gone bowling.

With most sports, I accept the fact that my short, scrawny stature limits me from becoming an All-Star. For some reason, I have delusions of grandeur that I will be able to chunk a twelve pound ball down a long alley with the force of a heavy-weight punch and the directional prowess of a Formula One driver in order to knock down ten measly little pins.

Even if I have thrown the ball directly into the gutter six times, broken one thumbnail and convinced my friends that I am going to throw my wrist out of socket- I am SURE that THIS TIME I am going to get a strike. Can't you just see it? Pitiful.

Good thing I had some tasty Yuenglang to convince me that yes, I DO have a chance of making a 73 point come-back on the last frame.

I hope everyone has a blissfully happy New Year and fantastic trans-annual kisses.

3 comments:

Claire said...

My hat's off to you, Eryn, for your efforts at bowling! I've gotten so bad at sports I don't even try. I do a little working out and sometimes dancing but that's about it. Maybe ping pong is your game! Happy New Year!

J-Funk said...

I can't bowl either. I blame my huge thumbs and weak wrists - the huge thumbs make me need a bigger ball and the weak wrists make it impossible to aim the bigger ball. Result: gutter.

I've seen you around the neighborhood and was wondering what your nickname means. Are you the nurse who loved someone else? That's what I imagined at first. Then it occurred to me that maybe you are looking for the nurse who loved you... which would totally change my perspective.

Happy New Year!

Eryn said...

The three of us should form a federation. The WWBOTU- Weak-wristed Bowlers of the Universe. Ha.

J-Funk, you are the first person who has asked me about the name. It is a little bit of a misnomer. It is the title of a song by A Perfect Circle, which is an all-time favorite band of mine.

I wanted to make a reference to nursing, which is what I am in school for; but also reference another part of who I am. So that's how I ended up with such a silly name. I am the nurse who loves (me, you, Wesley, and just about everyone else).

Thank you both for stopping by. I hope your holidays were wonderful.