Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bah Humbug!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bah Humbug. I hate this time of year. Christmas season is like taking a gondola to the top of a beautiful mountain only to find that there has been an avalanche while you were on your way up.

This week has been crap. On top of the usual suspects- work, school, finances, dental matters- I found out yesterday that I have a cyst on my ovary that is 2" in diameter. If it doesn't shrink with six weeks of birth control pills (and you all know how I feel about those), I will most likely have to have surgery. Because, you know, I've got plenty of time to lay around the house while I recover.

Then today, after a stressful meeting with my mom, dad, and the orthodontist (who is just out to get their money, of course ::rolls eyes::), my friend Laura called me from Virginia to back out of our plans that we made almost two months ago for New Year's Eve.

Christmas is always stressful anyways. Trying to find time for everyone in the family who wants to play host, all in a two-day window; worrying about giving and receiving gifts (both of which I loathe), and pretending to get along with people that I just happen to share a blood type with is enough stress on it's own.

I do have things to be thankful for, and I'm trying to be as positive as I can. For instance, if I make it through Christmas, I get to spend a week in a beautiful mountain town with the one I love the most. And atleast I have insurance, right? And a place to live too. And grandparents, and aunts and uncles who care about me. I'm safe, warm, and semi-healthy. I know it's more than any one person deserves. So maybe I should just stop griping.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you feel that way about your dad and I. How sad
We both love you very much.