Monday, December 18, 2006

Scrooge comes around...



For all of my bitching and moaning about Christmas, I've had a fantastic time buying and wrapping gifts and getting ready for The Big Day(s). Everything seems to be falling so nicely into place.
Wesley and I will get to celebrate together on Saturday. Sunday I will be with my mom's family (no more trying to mix families after the Thanksgiving mess).
Monday I will get to spend all day with my dad's family. I'm really excited about their presents. They are each getting a photo frame/album with pictures from my grandmother's house. The photos are from all the way back in the teens to present day. It took my hours to shuffle through the box of pictures and I enjoyed every minute of it- even listened to Christmas music while I did it!
Then on Tuesday I will go over to my step-dad's parent's house for a seafood lunch and more gift-giving.
After that, I am home until Thursday when I drive up to Asheville for New Year's.
I think I could get used to this 'holiday' thing! Here's hoping that there aren't any avalanches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the video is priceless!

hope your christmas is filled with lots of love and dead babies(!?!?!?)

hehee...
~ds

Eryn said...

No more dead baby jokes for Eryn; not since I've started considering obstetric nursing. It just doesn't seem right.
Good to hear from you. Glad you liked my Republican Jesus.
HAve a Merry Christmas. :)