Thursday, October 26, 2006

the fence

"Secure Border Fence Act"
Are you KIDDING me?? A fence. A fence? He really thinks that some half-ass fence that he doesn't even have the money to pay for is going to solve the immigration problems? That's like putting a bandaid on an eviscerated (look it up) wound. Jesus H. Jimminy Cricket.
I ju.. I can't even speak. This is the stupidest idea I have ever heard of. And in light of our current leadership, That says something!
Oh, and I want you to pay attention to the facial expressions of the two twits in the picture. They are very telling.
::deep breath:: Ok. So here's my beef with the fence.
Instead of spending money on Corrupt Border Patrol , and a fence over 1/3 of the border, why doesn't our Boy Wonder President spend some money on foreign aid to help make Mexico a little bit less miserable. Make it so they don't want to leave.
Help these people. These are our neighbors; hard working, family oriented people who would do anything for a better life.
I'm not just saying this because my heart is bleeding. I spent a summer with a community of Mexican immigrants. I have heard first hand what they go through to get here. It's horrible. Help this country help themselves. Start a coup there! Oh... riiiiight. No oil. How could I forget.
We spend so much money on our military and focus so much on non-government related issues such as abortion, gay marriage, and Charlton Heston statues in front of state buildings (ok, maybe not that last one) but we don't consider what we can do for others and how That can solve our own problems.
Bush comes close to understanding this, but he stops short and just ends up buying the countries that are important to his military strategy. I tell you what, if Chavez ever declares war on the US, Mexico will benefit greatly. Bush will sidle up next to her and whisper "Hey baby, how about I give you're chillun and ejukashun and you keep that mean ol' bully south of the border?" Can't you just see him tipping that cowboy hat?

0 comments: