Monday, November 20, 2006

Uber-nerd with super-human procrastination skills

It looks like I will really be getting braces soon and my teeth are really going to be fixed now.

Being the uber-nerd that I am, with super-human procastination skills; I have done some research on braces. I think it's pretty cool how they work.

I'm so excited that there is a possibility I could go to my job interviews with a great smile when I graduate school. There is also a possibility that I could go to my interviews with a metal-mouth, but that's still infinitely better than having these awful, rotten, crooked teeth for the rest of my life.

I am, I have to admit, a little self-concious about having braces as an adult. I'm not too stoked about looking like I'm 15 again. I hated being 15. I've been looking online for hairstyles that will be a little more mature and flattering; maybe that will help. I asked for gift certificates for Christmas, so maybe I can spruce up my wardrobe with some DKNY or Express. I'd love to add some more 'woman clothes' to my closet (as I sit here in my college sweatshirt and a ponytail).

Braces could be a good thing for my image. I think that maybe it will make me work harder to look like a lady in order to counter-act the childishness of how braces look. Time will tell.

Anyone out there ever had braces as an adult?

0 comments: