Wednesday, November 01, 2006

tabla rosa?

I've never really seen fall foilage; all we have here are pine trees and live oaks- on flat ground. So it was a real treat to see the trees turning in the Appalachian mountains. Wesley and I found an amazing arboreteum with walking trails and gardens. I snapped a few other pictures too. You can check them out Here.

It's a strange feeling to create a 'new beginning' where the very thing you are starting has been there for years. I don't believe it's possible to really wipe the slate clean, but I do think that it is possible to refresh the hope that has always been present. Our love has proven that it has staying power over and over again.

But it's not perfect. There is no fairy godmother with a wand to smooth everything over. As much as I want us to just go back to being 100% head-over-heels in loved Right NOW, it's not possible. The love is there, but it is wounded. Only time and patience can coax her out of the corner. I just hope that I am able sit back and trust nature to take it's course, giving us all of the things we need to succed in our new promises to each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's going on nurse? I am kind of lost about this post!

Eryn said...

Sorry about that. Most people who read this already know the story. I will try to change my style a little bit.
Reader's Digest Version: W. and I have been dating off and on for three years. We broke up about 1-2 mos ago. Even after we broke up, we continued to talk on a regular basis.
Last weekend I went to see him in Asheville. It was the first time I've seen fall foilage, as MS is always green. My travelling usually happens in the summer and for New Year's.
We decided to get back together and he promised he would never leave me again. I'm excited but skeptical. I gain more confidence about our future as each day passes.