Sunday, August 20, 2006

Week One

I survived my first week of nursing school.

I spent 33 hours studying and 18 hours in the classroom. My binder is organized, my note cards are full and my books are scattered across my kitchen table. I love it so far. Every nursing student faces burnout at some point, and I know I will; but right now I am excited and motivated. I also have two study buddies, Noel (she pronounces it Know-El) and Brian, who are going to help keep me on track when my momentum slows down. We are going to make a great team.

One of the best things that has happened was realizing that I remembered much more material from past classes than I thought I did. I've been able to pull from terminology I learned many semesters ago and that was a huge confidence booster.

Chloe is not as excited about nursing school as I am. She has been swinging between attention seeking meows and trampling me under foot to sulking in the corner or screaming to be let outside. I am tempted to get her a playmate so she won't be so lonely, but I'm not sure yet.

0 comments: