Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Oy!

I had my second test in Obstetrics today. I made a 79.2. Bleh!! Anything below a 77.0 is failing. I haven't made a test score below a B (83) in nursing yet. I guess I should be happy to have done this well so far. But OB is kicking my butt and I'm ready to be done with it.

I know one thing, dealing with vah-jay-jays all day is not for me. The primary goal of Labor and Delivery nursing is to make sure the woman isn't bleeding to death through her vagina. Not my idea of a fun time. I think I would rather assist with an amputation. Don't you agree?

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Having babies is rough. All that blood and pain. It's really not as fun as portrayed on TV. I know, I've had THREE big headed babies.

Isn't it rewarding to get a baby into the world safely?

Eryn said...

I have to give you kudos Peggy. I know that being a mother is going to be the best thing I ever do, but giving birth is a whole 'nuther beast that I rather just skip all together. I don't EVEN want to tell you how big Wesley and his brothers were at birth. Eesh!

Peggy said...

Elective ceasarians! I would have done that if I had known. I hate giving birth. Being pregnant is fun, but delivery sucks big ass.

Aufklärungszentrale said...

Just show a picture of Chuck Norris and the blood will be affraid enought to stoop bleeding. (But don't scare the Baby to death)