Sunday, October 28, 2007

Oh Happy Day!



Wesley proposed!!

We were in New Orleans this weekend for the Voodoo Music Festival. Friday night we saw Rage Against the Machine, which was phenomenal. The band was rocking out, the weather was perfect, and I didn't think I could be having any better of a time. Then Saturday morning we got up and went to the French Quarter. We walked along the river walk and made our way down to the St. Louis Basilica and Jackson Square. After sitting in the grass for a while Wesley asked if I was ready to go get some lunch. I stood up and he started fiddling in the backpack.


He got down on one knee and asked 'Mrs. McClintock, will you marry me?' and brought out this pretty blue jewelry box. I get a little light headed and the rest of the world disappeared. All of the sounds of the busy French Quarter faded away. He opened the box and at first all I could think about was how gorgeous the ring was. It sparkled as if there was a light coming from underneath it. I finally got my bearings again after many giggles and gave Wesley a big hug. At this point, I remembered that I had not said yes yet. Ha! I told him yes and he put the ring on my finger. Once we got moving, he practically had to steer me by both arms to keep me moving because I was so busy staring at this big, sparkling, elegant, significant ring on my finger. I Still can't stop staring at it!




I am such a lucky girl to have found such a wonderful, loving man. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him!

7 comments:

Becky said...

I am totally confused, because I thought he already had proposed, but congratulations nonetheless!! :) Your ring is gorgeous.

When Todd and I got engaged, the ring was too big and we were at a cabin in the woods (which is so ironic, because we are SO not outdoorsy. AT ALL.). My thumb and ring finger were practically glued together the rest of the weekend, because I was terrified that I was going to lose it on a hike.

Anyway, I digress. Congrats once again!! :)

Eryn said...

Technically, we were engaged already. But it was on Saturday that Wesley got down on one knee and Officially made me his fiancee.

Luckily I have gigantic knuckles so there is no chance this ring is coming off. I did have a clenched fist all day Saturday though. I was so afraid of losing it! I've relaxed a little bit. I still stare at it all the time though.

Peggy said...

I love the photo of the two of you. Nice ring too. Congratulations again.

Anonymous said...

Good choice! I wish you both much happiness !! I love you with all my heart!! You are a wonderful daughter and I am so proud to be your mom.


Love YOU!!!
MOM

Eryn said...

Thanks again Peggy.

Thank Mom. I love you too!!

Mad Cabbie said...

Now that you got engaged you forgot about your dysfunctional blogger family?

Happy Thanksgiving Eryn!

Eryn said...

I could never forget about you guys Mad. I love ALL my families! Life has just been hectic.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, I hope you are doing well.