Saturday, December 08, 2007

Warmies

It's too damn hot outside. I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt right now. I have a sinus infection. The windows are open. And yet I have Christmas lights hanging in the windows and a Santa on the kitchen table. Where is my winter??

I'm not a big fan of the global warming theory, but today is one to test my beliefs. It's just too damn hot outside! 80 degrees? Are you kidding me?! Gah.

As for global warming; here's my take. Everything in this universe goes in cycles or circles. The moon around the earth, the earth around the sun, the menstrual cycle, life-death, seasons... I could go on and on. Why shouldn't the climate do the same? As much of a bleeding heart democrat as I can be, I just can't get on the bandwagon about this. It's a great cause but a lame battle cry. If we are going to change our polluting ways, we need to not only start at the bottom with grass roots efforts but start at the top with the big corporations (betcha thought I was going to say government). The change needs to happen, but it's not going to happen because the global warmies are pointing fingers. Everybody knows that scientific data can say anything you want it to say. In order for people to stop using such damaging products like petrol, plastics, et al and et cetera, you've got to give them alternatives. Give us more electric cars, cars that can run on air or water, better and cheaper solar power. Instead of whining Mr. and Mrs. Scientist of the world, give us an alternative. Rallies don't change the world. Inventions do.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Be careful what you wish for with the temperature. The other day, it was a brisk 16 degrees on my walk to the bus stop. BRRR! Granted, it's like 50 today, but still. 16. 16!!!!! No thanks.

p.s.- sorry to hear about your surgery, but I hope you're feeling better! :)

Peggy said...

I hope you are feeling better too!

The weather will continue to get warmer, sadly for us over here it means more rain. It seems as though it's been raining for years.

Eryn said...

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling much better these days.

Here's to hoping for mild weather for all!