Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Obituary

Last night in my Counseling Psychology class we were asked to write an obituary for ourselves. We were then asked to read them out loud to the class. I've never had a problem imagining what I want my future to look like. I've also never had a problem bull-shitting and I think my obit turned out pretty well. I'd like to share it with you all.
Also, what would you like your obituary to say?

~~~~~~~
Eryn Duffee-Braun, mother of three, grandmother of six, died peacefully in her sleep on Sunday night at the age of 90.
Eryn was known for her humanitarian efforts and medical progress in the rural areas of Kenya and Nepal. She was a leader in her profession, lobbying for nursing advances while living in Washington DC and later becoming the President of the American Nursing Association, where she revolutionized nursing as a humanitarian effort.
Eryn served as a deacon in the Episcopal Church for twenty years and became a hospital chaplain when she was sixty-five. Her warmth, humor, and love for human-kind will be remembered by many.
~~~~~~~

0 comments: