Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I bet my camera knows Spanish now

Waaaaaaaaaaay back in the first week of July I sent a wonderful digital camera to be repaired. It had a small defect and was recalled. The camera was first sent to New Jersey. Then it traveled to Connecticut and stayed there for a while; neglected. By the first of August, the camera was in Laredo, Texas and I had spoken to every customer service rep in Sony's digital camera department.
After the camera hung out in Laredo for a while, I get a call saying that they don't have the part that my camera needs and they will be shipping it back to me with the option to sell the camera to Sony or to keep it as is. By this point my determination was through the roof and there was no way they were going to get by with that maloney.
After a few more phone calls with the Middle Eastern man named David, it was arranged. I was to send my camera back in a couple of weeks when they got the part back in (which I think they had all along). So the camera went back and stayed for a little over a week, I believe. And now? My camera is on its way home! I can't wait to start taking photos. I've been reading photography guides at Books a Million and online. I'm ready to try it out.

gratitude: friendly customer service people

0 comments: