Friday, February 15, 2008

Achoo

I've been sick the past few days and it hasn't been much fun (for me or anyone around me). Here is the email I sent to CVS about a positive experience that came out of having the funk.

I went to the CVS on Merrimon Avenue in Asheville North Carolina today, Feb 15th. I had nine dollars in my bank account and needed some cold/flu medicine, as I wasn't sure which one I had. I asked the pharmacist for his recommendation and he recommended the CVS version of Cold-Eeze. I asked him 'If I can only afford one medicine to get me through this, is this really what you would recommend?' I was holding a box of generic Day/Night cold medicine in my hand. He said 'What you've got there is pretty good too. I'll tell you what, let me go grab a drink and I will get the lozenges for you.' I really wasn't in a position to decline his very kind-hearted and generous offer. The ease with which he did something so helpful, however small it might have been, was amazing. I want this pharmacist, and everyone at CVS, to know my appreciation. It is care like this that makes the world go round, especially when one is feeling sick. I hope that this pharmacist will get the commendations he deserves for being willing to go the extra mile. Did I mention he came out from behind the counter just to help me choose from the array of cold medicines? I've never met a pharmacist who would do that.
A very satisfied- and slightly less stuffy- customer,
Eryn

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Bless his white coated heart!

My grandpa was a pharmacist and he used to do kind things for his customers too.

Oh, and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Eryn said...

Thanks Peggy. :)